A Corporate Multi-Member Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme (commonly known as a “Multi-Member RATS”) is an excellent alternative for Guernsey employers to the traditional insurance company based pension plan and a viable alternative now that there is a lack of insurance company providers. Jupiter offers a bespoke pensions administration service which can be tailored for each corporate client.
Benefits of Guernsey
A Guernsey approved Multi-Member RATS has the following advantages:
- Receive a pension between the age of 50* and 75 with no need to have retired from employment.
- Flexible lump sum payment of up to 30% (tax free up to a set limit).
- Unlimited contributions from employees.
- Tax relief for an employers ordinary contributions made on behalf of employees.
- Tax relief of up to £35,000 per annum on contributions made by employees, available against any income.
- Individual funds for each employee with tailored investment strategies.
- Take loans of up to 30%.
- Named beneficiaries receive balance of fund upon death.
- Consolidation of any existing pension arrangements into one scheme.
- Receive transfers from UK pensions without any UK tax deductions.
*55 if the RATS is approved as a Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme (“QROPS”).
Jupiter provides the following services:
- Establishment of the Multi-Member RATS and act as an independent trustee and administrator.
- Obtain Guernsey Income Tax approval.
- Arrange for the transfer of any existing pension schemes.
- If required, obtain QROPS approval from HMRC to allow transfers of funds from any UK pension scheme.
- Regular valuations for employees and online access (dependent on choice of platform).
- Annual accounts for the employer.
- Appointment of investment adviser or manager (we do not provide investment advice).
- We are able to engage any investment manager or independent financial adviser to look after the investments, subject to suitability.
A Guide to Retirement Annuity Trust Schemes
To request a copy of our Guide to Retirement Annuity Trust Schemes, please complete the following details and a link will be emailed to you to download the latest information.